Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Intro Post!

It's kind of late, but for those of you who are new to this blog, let me give you a proper introduction. So, as you may have noticed, this is an entire blog dedicated to K-Pop, aka Korean pop music. Most of you have probably heard something about it, either because of our utterly famous Asian Media Club here at Uni, or maybe on the Internet. For those of you who haven't, well, I will do all my best to introduce you to one of my favorite genres of music.

As an expert (if I do say so myself) on K-Pop and a long-time fan of Korean music, I decided to create this blog as a way to explore the various depths of the vast and growing world of K-Pop. I've always been exposed to only mainstream K-Pop, and never got the chance to check out those less well-known artists of K-Pop. Therefore, my main goal for this blog is to cover a wide range of Korean artists, and make them more well-known in the general Korean music scene.

I will try to post every other week, with a new artist and review of their music. Since many of you are unfamiliar with K-Pop, I will try to be more specific and maybe, just maybe, I will have time to create a page introducing you guys to K-Pop. To those of you who've never listened to K-Pop a day in your life, do try it! Click on one of the audio clips shared by me in my posts, and actually try listening to some of the songs. It really doesn't matter if you end up hating it or loving it. The main purpose of this blog is to introduce more people to a whole different genre of music, so I hope you guys find it interesting!

4 comments:

  1. Ahaha.... "utterly famous."

    How did you get those audio clips on your posts? It's a really nice way of sharing the music without using Youtube. Especially for the videos that are only audio (the ones without a music video).

    Also, have you ever heard of 8eight or 10cm? I found them on Youtube and I really liked both of them. 8eight is a co-ed group, and they're really not that active as far as I know, and I don't think they're really well known either. 10cm is an indie duo that I was obsessed with in sophomore year. They're pretty good :) I think they're best known for performing in coffee shops, so they're definitely living up to the indie genre.

    --Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I created a SoundCloud account (soundcloud.com), and once you upload a music file, you click on "share," and it gives you an "embed code," which you just copy and paste onto your post, using html code. It also lets you edit your music file widget, which is cool.

    Thanks for the recommendations! I've heard of both groups, but never tried them. I should... Here I go, looking them up on YouTube, and falling in love with them... I'm growing to love indie music, so 10cm sounds promising. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chae, I look forward to experiencing the hipster side of Korean Pop. I have only been exposed to the music stylings of 2NE1, Super Junior, Big Bang, Girl's Generation, etc. (you get the drift).

    I hope that I can develop a new interest in the lesser-known songs of Korea. Looking forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like "Julia Sherry," I enjoyed the "utterly famous" remark. Even though this post was just to introduce your blog a bit more, it was still well-written and showed your personality well.
    I know relatively nothing about K-pop, so I'm excited to see more posts from you.
    Are you going to focus mainly on the music itself, or do you plan to include music videos in your posts on a regular basis as well?
    I'd also be interested to hear about the effect that American popular music as on K-pop, and vice versa.
    (P.S. I enjoy your background. It's simple, but it creates a nice atmosphere for talking about music. Great work!)

    ReplyDelete